Are you considering orthodontic treatment but don’t know where to start? Let’s Smile Dental in Alexandria, VA is at your service! We offer a wide range of orthodontic treatments designed to improve your smile and give you better function while optimizing your health! Below, we’ll discuss the various orthodontic treatments available at our office and how they can help you achieve the perfect smile.
Keep reading to learn more, or contact our office if you have any questions! We would be happy to help.
Orthodontic treatment is often a lengthy process that requires routine modification, monitoring, and consistency. But at Let’s Smile Dental, we offer LightForce—an advanced orthodontic treatment that can greatly reduce the amount of time it takes to achieve your perfect smile. This is because the unique system uses advanced technology to custom print brackets that precisely fit YOUR teeth. This increases the accuracy of the treatment, allowing us to achieve more positive results in a shorter time frame. Additional features of LightForce include the following:
- Faster & More Efficient: With fewer patient visits, efficient treatments, and a fully digital workflow, LightForce enables our doctors to reach new levels of efficiency without sacrificing quality or comfort.
- Customized For You: Proprietary treatment planning software is combined with advanced 3D printing technology to create custom treatments for every patient. Ditch ill-fitting brackets, manual bonding, and unnecessarily lengthy treatments.
- More Comfortable: LightForce brackets conform precisely to your teeth, reducing discomfort and improving the straightening accuracy.
- Fully Digital Planning: LightForce brings the planning simplicity, efficiency and ease of use seen today in aligners into the world of fixed dental appliances. Enjoy the benefits of digital planning for your treatment, aligners or fixed.
Traditional Braces For Kids & Adults
In addition to LightForce, Let’s Smile Dental also provides traditional braces for both children and adults. Traditional metal braces are still the most common form of orthodontic treatment, and they can be used to correct a wide range of issues such as overcrowding, overbite, crossbite, and other various degrees of malocclusion.
- Metal braces are composed of brackets that are bonded to your teeth and connected with an archwire.
- Over time, our team will tighten the wire to apply pressure to the teeth, guiding them into their proper position.
- Once treatment is complete, you will be delighted with a perfectly aligned smile.
With the rapid growth of digital integration into daily life, virtual dentistry and healthcare visits are becoming increasingly popular. At Let’s Smile Dental, we offer a range of digital services that allow you to monitor your orthodontic treatment progress or develop treatment plans from the comfort of your home! We utilize smile uploader software to gather patient records and develop detailed orthodontic plans. Our team then communicates with each patient through video conferencing or text messaging to move forward with treatment.
This virtual system is easy to use and efficient, and it allows us to provide timely service! Here’s how it works:
- Simply visit our Virtual Consult page to begin. Answer a few questions and upload five photos of your smile. Submit the form and you are done! It’s quick and easy to do—the whole process will only take you a few minutes.
- Dr. Manny will review your pictures and information and come up with the best treatment plan for your needs.
- We will contact you with your smile assessment and give you more information about options. Our treatment coordinator can answer any follow-up questions and schedule you for a digital scan using our state-of-the-art iTero scanner.
Broken archwires or loose brackets can be painful and cause a disruption in your treatment plan. At Let’s Smile Dental, we are committed to providing the highest quality care for our patients, which includes offering emergency orthodontic services when needed!
We understand that these issues can be uncomfortable and disruptive to your day-to-day life, so we work hard to address them as quickly and efficiently as possible. In no time, we will make repairs and get you back on track with your orthodontic treatment. Below, you will find a quick guide for managing emergencies before making it into the office.
- If you experience a broken archwire, be sure to cover it with orthodontic relief wax in order to reduce the chances of it poking and irritating your gums or cheek. If a wire is sticking out, you can also use tweezers to manipulate the position of the wire.
- If you have a loose bracket, try to avoid wiggling it as this can cause further damage to the appliance. You can use wax to cover the bracket, so it isn’t protruding into the gum tissue.
Why Choose Us
Let’s Smile Dental is the ideal destination for your family’s orthodontic needs. From braces and clear aligners to retainers and more, we offer a range of comprehensive orthodontic services that can help you achieve and maintain your ideal smile.
Throughout all of our services, we strive to put the patient first; this means considering opportunities to make the experience more convenient, comfortable, and efficient. This is why our office offers virtual consultations and check-ins to avoid unnecessary office trips. This innovative solution allows patients to discuss their progress with a trained orthodontic specialist and make adjustments to their treatment plan at any time. Overall, our virtual integration supplements our commitment to providing the highest quality orthodontic care available, making it easier for patients to get the smile they’ve always wanted with ease.
Do you have any questions about orthodontic treatment? Find your answers below.
Selecting an orthodontist in Alexandria, VA who can craft the smile you’ve always wanted is important. An orthodontist is a specially trained dentist trained in the diagnosis, prevention, and correction of malpositioned teeth and jaws. Orthodontists take an additional two-to-three years of education in order to earn the distinction of becoming an orthodontist. This education sets them apart from other dental professionals that may offer orthodontic services, but have yet to complete the additional training to become an orthodontist.
You should take your child to see an Orthodontist at age seven. This is typically when permanent teeth erupt, and our orthodontists can monitor the progress and potential problems as the dentition develops. Through our 7&Up Club, our patients and their parents can enjoy numerous exciting benefits and perks on the journey to a straightened smile. If your child is seven or older, please click below to sign up!
You’re never too old to receive the smile of your dreams! Adults of any age can get braces or aligners.
No. All consultations are complimentary. Consultations typically include scanning of your teeth and an evaluation by our board-certified orthodontists.
The first consultation will take roughly 30 minutes to one hour to complete depending on how ready the patient is for treatment. During this appointment, we will take a scan of the patient’s teeth, take full records and conclude with a meeting with our orthodontists about treatment options. The orthodontist may just do a quick check on your child if they are first developing their adult teeth to qualify them for a full consultation.
Every patient’s case is vastly different from the next. There’s no “one-size-fits-all” answer to this question. Costs are determined by the complexity of your diagnosis, and length of treatment. During your complimentary consultation, our expert treatment coordinators will create a customized treatment plan with the assistance of our board-certified orthodontists. Once you are presented with this treatment plan, your treatment coordinator will go over finances and different payment plans to ensure that finances do not get in the way of you having the smile of your dreams.
Treatment will usually be concluded in two years of active tooth movement. However, there is no “one-size-fits-all” answer to this question. Treatment time is determined by the complexity of your diagnosis. There are accelerated treatment options that are shown to decrease treatment time by 50%. Find out more about our accelerated treatment options here.
It is normal to experience minor pain and discomfort following the application of braces. Remedies for relieving minor pain and discomfort include the use of over-the-counter pain relievers, drinking cold water, and the use of an oral anesthetic spray.
However, if you experience severe pain and discomfort, please call our orthodontic department immediately, so they can evaluate the fit and recommend any necessary medication.
Loose wires and brackets can reduce the functionality and effectiveness of the braces, which may lead to a relapse of the original arch pattern. If your braces are too loose or start falling apart, you should see your orthodontist immediately to evaluate the problem.
Your orthodontist will determine how long, and often you should be wearing your retainers. It is important to wear them as prescribed by your doctor as teeth aren’t set in concrete, and your teeth may shift after your braces are removed.