Have you been considering getting Invisalign? If so, you’re not alone. Many people are choosing to go the Invisalign route to straighten their teeth. Not only is Invisalign virtually invisible, but it also offers a number of other benefits that make it an attractive option!
Before you jump in, it’s important to do your research and make sure you know what you’re getting into. Below, we’ll cover the basics of Invisalign, what you can expect from the process, and some tips to help you make the most of your Invisalign journey. If you have any questions, please contact one of our Virginia offices. We would be happy to help you!
What Is Invisalign®?
Invisalign is an innovative procedure that uses clear aligners to slowly and gently shift teeth into the desired position. Instead of metal brackets and wires like traditional braces, Invisalign uses a series of comfortable, custom-made aligners created specifically for your mouth. Each aligner is worn for two weeks before being replaced by the next one. Over time, your teeth will gradually shift into the proper position.
The Invisalign® Process
The process of getting Invisalign is simple and straightforward.
- First, you will meet with our experienced orthodontist during a free consultation to discuss your candidacy. If we determine that Invisalign is the right choice for you, we will create a personalized treatment plan and take impressions of your teeth.
- Our office uses iTero technology, so you won’t need to worry about messy impressions. Additionally, iTero allows our team to predict a treatment timeline and simulate how your teeth will move through each phase of treatment.
- Once we have completed your treatment plan, we will send your impressions off to a lab where custom aligners are created and shipped back to our office.
- When the aligners arrive, you’ll come back in for a fitting and receive instructions on how to use them.
- If interested, our team can also set you up with Propel VPro5! This advanced technology emits high-frequency vibrations that accelerate the movement of your teeth. By biting down on the appliance for just five minutes each day while wearing your aligners, these intermittent pressure waves can greatly reduce treatment time.
Benefits Of Invisalign®
- Faster Treatment: You can be on the way to the smile of your dreams even faster, with our frequent aligner changes.
- Effective: We can treat a wide range of conditions with Invisalign, including overbites, underbites, spacing, open bites, crowding, and crossbites.
- Virtually Invisible: Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible! Most people won’t even know you are going through treatment.
- Comfortable: Not only are Invisalign aligners smooth and comfortable to wear, but they are also removable. This makes it so that your Invisalign treatment won’t impact the way you brush, floss, or eat!
- Convenient: Invisalign is convenient for individuals with busy schedules. By using virtual consults to remotely monitor your progress, we can ensure that your Invisalign treatment won’t hold you back from living your life.
- Confidence Boosting: Your smile is one to show off! Without the brackets and wires that come with traditional braces, you can feel confident showing off your smile transformation along the way.
Is Invisalign® Right For You?
Invisalign is a great option for patients looking to straighten teeth and improve their bite without the hassle of traditional braces. While Invisalign offers many incredible benefits and features, it is not appropriate for everyone. Patients with severe bite issues or complex orthodontic conditions may need to pursue other treatment options. To determine if you qualify for Invisalign treatment, it’s best to get a free consultation with our providers.
Tips For Making The Most Of Your Invisalign® Journey
- Wear your aligners for the recommended amount of time (typically 22-24 hours a day).
- Clean your aligners regularly with a soft-bristled toothbrush and lukewarm water.
- Avoid eating or drinking anything other than water while wearing the aligners.
- Keep up with your check-ups, so we can track your progress and ensure your treatment plan is on track!
Why Choose Us
At our office, our board-certified orthodontists specialize in providing precise and effective Invisalign treatments to help you achieve the beautiful, straight smile of your dreams. With thousands of happy patients, Let’s Smile Dental is recognized as a Diamond Plus Invisalign provider—placing us in the top 1% in the Northern Virginia metro area (and the entire country)!
With years of experience changing lives through the Invisalign system, we are confident in our ability to deliver the best possible results.
When you choose us, you also have the option to utilize digital check-ins and virtual consults, making it easier to stay on track with your treatment plan. Ready to get started? Contact us today to book a free consultation!
Do you have any questions about Invisalign? Find your answers below.
The aligners are made of a comfortable, flexible material, so the process is not painful. You may experience some minor discomfort when you switch from one set of aligners to the next, but this should subside quickly.
Treatment times vary depending on the severity of your case. Generally speaking, most patients complete their Invisalign treatment within six to twelve months.
Our orthodontist will determine how often your aligners need to be changed based on your specific treatment plan. In most cases, this will be a period of roughly two weeks. We recommend that you wear your aligners for at least twenty-two hours each day to ensure optimal results.
We recommend brushing your aligners with a soft-bristled toothbrush on a regular basis. Additionally, you should rinse your aligners with lukewarm water before and after wearing them.
Yes. After completing your Invisalign treatment, it’s important to wear a retainer to maintain your new smile. We typically recommend wearing the retainer for twenty-two hours each day for the first six months after treatment and then transitioning to nighttime wear.